Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Eno, Byrne, Stereo MCs and Me

Synchronicity? Coincidence? Latent psychic ability? Well, I don't know how to explain it. A few nights back I was listening to last.fm and I had one of those lovely moments when you find the source of a sample. I recognized a bassline from an instrumental Stereo MC's cut called "What is Soul." It is sampled from a tune called "Regiment," which appeared on a collaboration album between Brian Eno and David Byrne that I never before knew existed. I immediately went to iTunes to look for it, but it's not there. Too bad. Two days later, same album appears prominently at pitchforkmedia.com. Looks like it's getting the deluxe re-release treatment. Coincidence, right? Who knows, but it sure made the hair on the back of my neck stand up.

Here's a link to a downloadable mix featuring "What is Soul." It is only available for seven days, and it may only be downloaded 25 times (not my rules) so get on it! Also features: DJ Krush/CL Smooth, Coldcut, Kraftwerk, ESG, Metro Area, The Verve, Andrea Parker, and more. It's called the "nice random mix."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home