Friday, June 26, 2009

MJ

It just wouldn't be right to let MJ's passing go overlooked in this space.

MJ has been a presence in my life for all of my life. I was 5 when Thriller came out, and it was one of the first tapes I was bought. I can still remember listening to it on a Sony Walkman on family vacations when I was a kid, when even the baby tiger in the cover art blew my mind. His music is still as powerful today as ever. Music from the early Jackson 5 work, Off The Wall, and Thriller are all still in my ears regularly. I don't think any other artist ever achieved the kind of perfection I hear in much of Michael's music. His music truly has made me a happier person.

I'd just take this time to say, from the bottom of my heart, thank you, Michael.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home