Thursday, March 15, 2007

Do Not Mail

I'm proud to say that months after initially thinking I should and years after initially wishing I could, I have finally taken a step to reduce the amount of garbage that comes into my home everyday. I have requested to be taken off two national mailing lists. The people who have access to these lists have been invading my mailbox for years with messages of low A.P.R.s and deals on factory direct windows and the like. This material does nothing but clutter my physical and mental spaces, and I feel like a more fully actuallized person for having taken this step, which I hope will stop this invasion of useless waste it before it contaminates my life any further.

I just wrote two simple letters. On each I wrote a one-sentence request to be removed from the appropriate list, as well as my full name, address and signature. That is supposed to do the trick. Here are the addresses:

junk mail:
Direct Marketing Association
Mail Preference Service
P.O. Box 9008
Farmingdale, NY 11735-9008
Update: The above address is not valid

credit card offers:
Equifax Options
P.O. Box 740123
Atlanta, GA 30374-0123

If you haven't already, consider sending out some requests today. It's the ecologically responsible thing to do, and it feels damn good.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home