Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Photog Journal

Today, Arizona Senator John McCain spoke to me. We were face to face and he addressed me as an individual, looking me in the eye.

He said me "Don't go there." Or something to that effect, at least. I tried to remember his comment verbatim but became distracted and it went foggy.

He was lending some facetime to Devos' campaign on a factory tour in Grand Rapids. I was apparently in a forbidden space too close to some large piece of machinery pumping out metal parts. I gave him a thumbs up. I felt like a starstruck idiot.

McCain is not a big man, but he has a steely glint to his eye. The few times we made eye contact I felt as if he saw something in me that made him edgy. Maybe it was the huge camera, or maybe he was picking up on the fact that I couldn't stop calling him a shill for the party over and over in my head.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home